Student Schengen Visa – Traveling to Europe for Study Purposes

A Student Schengen Visa is an entry permit to the Schengen Zone, granted to third-country nationals wishing to enter and remain for short-stays in any of the member states, under the purpose of studying.

This visa permits its holder to remain in the Schengen territory for a maximum of 3 months. If your study or training course lasts longer than that, you should apply for a Long-Stay Study Visa at the embassy of the respective country.

The mandatory documents to apply for a Student Schengen Visa are as following:

  • Two visa application forms. Fully completed, with correct and honest answers. Print it and sign the form at the end.
  • Two identical photos. Taken within the last three months according to the Schengen visa photo requirements.
  • Valid passport. Issued within the last 10 years with validity of at least 3 months after the end of the planned journey.
  • A copy of passport’s biometric data.
  • Previous passports. Tied together with a rubber band. Do not staple them!
  • Proof of residency. Some sort of document issued by the country where you are applying from as a proof that you are a citizen or resident of that country.
  • Roundtrip reservation or itinerary. Specifying the dates and flight numbers of entry and exit from the Schengen area. Here you can learn more about how to book a flight reservation for eu visa application.
  • Travel medical insurance. A document issued by your Europe health insurer, confirming you have insurance for the whole Schengen territory, throughout your whole stay with coverage of €30,000 for emergency health situations.
  • Proof of accommodation. Evidence where you will be staying at, during your time in the Schengen zone. This could be one of the following:
    • Dormitory contract. Signed between you and an official of a dormitory in the country where you will be staying.
    • Rent Agreement. A contract with a property owner in this Schengen state, specifying the address and other information details about the facility and landlord.
    • Letter of Invitation. A letter written by a resident in the country you are applying to enter, confirming they are willing to take you in their home throughout the period you will be there.
  • Letter of acceptance at an EU University/College/School. A recent, official and signed letter stating your name/type of studies/length of studies/part of a European program if applicable/number of hours per week.
  • Proof of academic qualifications. Diploma, academic records, attestation of the application for equivalence or decision / dispatch of equivalence.
  • Proof of financial means. Documents that show one is able to reside and financially maintain him / herself during their stay in the Schengen zone.
  • Bank account statement. Showing your bank balance for the last three months.
  • Sponsorship.
  • Proof of paid visa fee.

Proof of occupation.

  • If employed:
    • Employment contract
    • Leave permission from the employer
    • Income Tax Return
  • If self-employed:
    • A copy of your business license,
    • Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
    • Income Tax Return (ITR)
  • If a student:
    • Proof of enrollment
    • No Objection Letter from University

Leave a Reply